Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, April 4, 2016

4.4.16 Everyday is Magnificent!

Hey Y'all!  Time is flying by and I can't believe it! Spring is ending and summer is coming fast! Hope all is well and that you had a wonderful week.

Tuesday morning we had a fantastic district meeting! The AP's came and gave an awesome training on helping people keep their commitments. Sister Holden also gave a training on revelation through prayers. We did role plays with helping our investigator learn the importance of praying to know of the BoM is true. The spirit was so strong and I learned so much. One thing that really stuck with me was that any excuse  we will ever hear or make as missionaries the real reason is lack of faith! We have to be devastated when they don't read or keep their commitments. If we shrug it off it is showing a lack of our faith! I also realized how precious this time we have is. My 7 month mark is just around the corner and I can't believe it! I am so grateful for these 18 months I have to wear Christ's name and share the gospel. After district meeting we went and had a lesson with Kaiden. She is 14 years old and is awesome! We talked about modern day prophets and general conference. She has a lot of questions but we were able to help clear some things up and it was a great lesson! Then we went and met some people in the area. Next we had a lesson with Montel who is a less active. He is such a great guy! He loves to walk so when we go to have lessons with him we walk a few miles down and teach him as we go! After that we went to dinner and then had a lesson with Sister Wilson. Everyone calls her Maw- Maw and she is the sweetest! We were able to answer some of her questions and read from the BoM with her! I love her so much already! It was a terrific day!

Wednesday was a day full of tender mercies! It started off with the best lesson with Shirley. We taught her the restoration and the spirit was so strong. She told us she already knew that the BoM was true and that if this is what God wanted her to do she would be baptized. She is the most amazing woman and I love her so much! Then we went and did service with Sister Trust. She is the cutest woman from England. We did lots of work in her back yard, picking up pine cones and sticks. When we were done and headed inside to have lunch I noticed that somewhere in her 3 acre back yard the car keys had fallen out of my pocket!! The car keys on a little key ring that are very hard to see. We said a prayer and looked around with no luck. We decided to go have lunch and then to look more afterwards. So we did and the spirit led me straight to them, we found them within the first 5 minutes! It was amazing and I know he answers our prayers in his timing. After that we went to visit some people with not too much luck. We had some time in the car and decided to make some calls. We were prompted to call some people who had been on date years ago but were never baptized. We
talked to one guy who was so happy to hear from us and invited us to meet some time next week! The timing was just right and it was a wonderful tender mercy! Next we went to visit the Smith's who are a less active family. They are going through some hard things right now but it was good to get to know them better and feel the spirit testify that it was all going to be okay. We then had a lesson with Steve! We started to teach him the 4 minute restoration with the little time we had but he went off on several other things. Haha But he loved that we have a prophet here on the earth today and is thrilled to come to general conference! That night we went to a delicious dinner with the sisters and then to teach a less active. His name is Adam and he is such a cool guy! We talked about faith and the importance of scripture study! The lesson went really well and it is a unique experience to be in a "quad." I am learning lots and loving every minute! So many tender mercies and such a testimony that this is truly God's work!

Thursday we had lots of lessons planned but sadly everything fell through. We were running around trying to see lots of people but with not a lot of luck. We did some weekly planning and are getting a little more adjusted to the area! After that we had a lesson with Dedrick on the plan of salvation. He is so great and loved reading from the Book of Mormon. He said it was a book that helps us know what to do so we can be happy. The lesson went really well and he is so smart! 


After that Jocelyn and Justin came up from big shanty and took us to dinner! It was so good to see them it felt like it had been months! They are the greatest and it was so good to catch up! We went to chick-fil-a and it was delicious! That night we went to Sister Wilsons and shared the because of him video with her and her friends. We talked about our love for the savior and it went really well! It was a great day!

Friday was a fantastic day! Oh my goodness, I love being a missionary! That morning we went and had a lesson with Sister Martin who is a less active. She is so sweet and we talked about the BoM. After that we went to teach Angela who is the greatest! She has a son on a mission in California and so she had some questions. We were able to answer them and taught her the plan of salvation! The lesson went so well and she said she already knows that the BoM is true! She is so elect she just doesn't know it yet!(; After that we went back and had lunch! Next we went to see the Carroll's who are a recent convert family! They are the cutest and I love them so much! One of the sons grandma was over and she was so into the lesson! We taught the restoration and it was incredible. As we quoted the first vision the spirit was so strong and everyone could feel it! At the end she agreed to read from the BoM and pray to know for herself if it was true! So many miracles!! It was the best! But it's not even over! Just wait!! We hurried to the other side of Monroe for a lesson with Jonathan! We met him last week and thought he was a less active. We showed him the Easter video and then said we would come back next week! (Which is now Friday) So here we are back and we start talking to him about the BoM. I could tell he was really confused so I asked when he was baptized. He then looked even more confused and said that he had never been baptized!!! What??? He had never heard of the BoM before so we taught him the restoration. He loved it and happily agreed to read it and pray to know for himself! Still not even sure how it all happened but I know that it was God! This is his work and if we work hard he provides the miracles! We were so busy and didn't know how we were gonna get new investigators and then the Lord provided 2 in 2 hours! It was so wonderful! We headed to dinner and then to Sister Wilson's to help her dye Easter eggs! They were having a big family/ neighborhood hunt so we dyed a lot of eggs! It was a perfect ending to a terrific day!!(:

Saturday and Sunday was General Conference and it was amazing! Oh my goodness I just love it so much! We are so blessed to have a living prophet and apostles to help lead and guide us. There were so many incredible talks and the spirit was so strong! They talked so much about family, service and the temple. We are so blessed to have beautiful temples where we can go to find peace and feel closer to him. I felt my testimony strengthened this weekend is so many ways! I loved Gary A. Stevenson and his story of loosing his keys! I could really relate to it because of earlier this week! I am so grateful for the restoration and that we never have to loose those keys again! I just love Elder Holland and loved his quote that"Everyday is going to be magnificent because Heavenly Father wants it to be!" He wants us to be happy and love life! I loved President Uchtdorf's talk, that if men have the ability to create beautiful things out of ashes how much more power does our Heavenly Father have? I know that he knows who are lost, he knows when we are lost and where we are! He will find us and we just have to put our faith in him! And in the words of our sweet Prophet "may we always choose the harder right!" Nothing that is worth it in this life comes easy! So many incredible messages and such a sweet spirit! I also loved the sweet music! Hymns are like scripture to me and they bring the spirit so strong! 

Being in a quad has been so much fun! For our dinner thoughts this last week we have been singing "We thank thee oh god for a prophet." It has been so awesome and I am so thankful for our prophet! General Conference was most of the weekend but we were able to meet some great people as well as have some wonderful lessons!

I hope y'all had a wonderful week and enjoyed General Conference! Thank you for your  all your prayers and support! They mean the world to me! I love y'all so much! Don't forget to read and pray! I know Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for each and everyone of us! I know that He hears and answers our prayers! Even when you think He doesn't. Monroe is exactly where I need to be and even though I didn't think it at first, it is the answer to my prayers! I know the savior lives and I am so grateful for this gospel in my life! Have a blessed week!(:

Love, Sister Hosman


Our little Georgia Peach, loving every minute in this beautiful place!

No empty chairs... she's trying to teach everyone that will listen!

Bishop to the rescue on the Sabbath!

Sister Hosman and Sister Holmgren doing a little service in Monroe!

This picture touches me so much - Rachael taught and baptized (you know what I mean) Jocelyn in her last area.  They love each other so much - what a blessing they found each other.  I always think of the song, "I'll find you my friend" when I think about them.  Jocelyn is planning to submit her papers and go on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment