Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, August 15, 2016

8.15.16 The Spirit of God, like Georgia is burning!!

Hi y'all!! It's been a wonderful week here in Georgia! Somedays it even got a little cooler at least in temperature or maybe I'm just getting used to it! It is so hot here y'all!

Tuesday we had a great zone meeting! The spirit is always so strong and I learn so much. I loved Elder Joseph's training, he talked about bearing testimony and the power in it. We should be bearing our testimony like "a dying missionary!" Like we don't know if we will see these people tomorrow but we want them to know what we know. Not just believe but truly know. No one can argue with a sincere heartfelt testimony. Sometimes I think we overthink it and worry about how to word it but when we open our mouths the spirit will lead us. I have truly seen this on my mission and my testimony grows more each day. There was a new rule for the Athens Zone announced but it's a pretty exciting one. We are now allowed to go to the temple with our recent converts and watch them do baptisms for the dead their first time. So amazing and I'm so excited to be able to be there for such a special occasion! After zone meeting we went to see one of our less actives just to check up on her. While we started talking to her we realized she was chewing Tabacco! We invited her to spit it out right then and there. She thought about it but was a little reluctant because it was helping with her stomach. We asked if she would receive a priesthood blessing and stop right then and there for good. She said yes and it was so cool! It was an amazing experience and I know she has been and will continue to be so blessed for her faith. When we went to see her a couple days later she was happier then ever and doing great. I'm so proud of her!

Wednesday morning we got to go to AA with one of our investigators. It was a really cool experience and I learned lots. I'm so grateful for the Word of Wisdom and the knowledge that we have. We had our last lesson with Julie that afternoon and it was so sad. She is moving to South Carolina but we are so excited for her. I know there are missionaries there waiting for her and I can't sit to see her continue to grow. I'm so grateful for the chance I had to meet her. She had an incredible testimony and so much faith. It is only going to grow from here. She was so happy and definitely not the same person I met a couple weeks ago on the side of the road. The gospel is incredible and it truly changes lives.

Thursday we started volunteering at the FISH thrift store in Loganville. Such a great program and it was a lot of fun! That afternoon we had a great lesson with Janelle and taught her the plan of salvation. She loved it and is loving the BoM as well. The spirit was really strong and we were able to help her understand that she had received her answer to know if the BoM was true. We invited her to be baptized on September 17th and she said yes!

This weekend was crazy and we had lots of lessons. I also got to help Sister Stone make lots of cupcakes for a wedding she was catering! We had an awesome lesson with Henry who is a 9/11 firefighter survivor. We were teaching him pretty regularly but when he got a new job we didn't see him for awhile. We went over the plan of salvation with him and it was so great! The spirit was so strong and at one point he stopped us to say " I absolutely love when y'all come! I just feel so good!" We were able to teach him about the spirit and that he was testifying of truth. Henry came to church yesterday and loved it. We were a little nervous when the Sunday school topic was the Word of Wisdom but he asked great questions and it ended up being awesome. He had already started working on quitting some of his issues. I know Heavenly Father is always working on our investigators even when we aren't teaching them. Austin was also able to come to church and really enjoyed it! Sunday night we went to check on Kenny because he has been really sick this week. Luckily he was feeling better and was so excited to tell us about his cool experience with prayer. That he wasn't feeling well but when he prayed he felt so much better! It was so cool and amazing to see how much he has grown.

I love this gospel with all my heart! I feel so blessed to be a missionary and do the lords work. I know this church is true and I'm so grateful for it in my life. I'm so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and the wonderful gift of the atonement. I'm so grateful for the Restoration and our living day prophet and apostles. I know they are men truly called of God and will never lead us astray. I love the BoM and know it can change your life. I'm so thankful for each of you and love you so much! Have a blessed week! :) Love, Sister Hosman ❤️๐Ÿ‘


Love this Sister to pieces๐Ÿ‘
Bye bye Julie, we will miss you!๐Ÿ’—


Zone Meeting - Bull Dawg Nation!



We were so excited that they had fry sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment