Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, August 1, 2016

8.1.16 Just when I thought it couldn't get no hotter!

Hey y'all!! First of all, Welcome Home Elder Mack!! I'm so proud of you and know you blessed so many lives in Madagascar!

How is it August already?? I really didn't think it could get any hotter or I could sweat anymore but then came August! It is going to be one hot month here! Haha

It was a good week here with lots to do! We are a bit overwhelmed and still trying to figure out how exactly to take over the whole county! There are so many wonderful people here and I just love them all. I don't have much time here but wanted to give a little update on a few of them!(:

Kenny is doing so amazing! He showed up to church yesterday in a white shirt and tie, he looked so great! We had a wonderful lesson with him after church and he has changed so much. We have been teaching him for a couple months now and he will be baptized on Saturday! I am so proud of him and the wonderful guy is becoming.

The Polston family is still doing great. We had a delicious dinner with them on Thursday and a very powerful lesson. We watched the patterns of light video series and talked about the different ways God answers our prayers. Finley still wants to be baptized and went to scout camp with the boys this weekend! So cool! We are fasting with their family on Sunday in search for Nikki's answers. The kids are a little nervous to fast but I know it will be an incredible experience for everyone. The power of fasting is real and I have seen so many miracles from it in my life and the lives of those around me. 

Kieren is doing great! We were finally able to meet her twin sister named Katie this week. She is in jail and Kieren has been asking us to go visit her for months. I was a bit nervous at first but it was such a cool experience! We were able to answer her questions and the spirit was so strong. She is so prepared and has the strongest desire to change. She is so much like Kieren with the same amazing personality and laugh! I love her so much already and am excited to watch her grow. We are currently trying to figure out some way to sneak her a BoM!(; haha

Charles came to church yesterday and loved it! He is still reading and praying this everyday and doing great! He still feels unsure that he is ready for baptism but I know when the time is right he will be. Keep him in your prayers!(:

Julie is the one we met a couple weeks ago on the side of the road because she ran out of gas. She is so humble and very prepared. We taught her the Plan of Salvation last night and it went so well. She is very into it and the spirit was so strong. When we asked her if she had a chance to read from the BoM yet she said yes and opened her book mark to the book of Omni! I had to blink a couple times and couldn't believe it! At the end of the lesson she told us she is moving to a different county in the next couple weeks. I was so sad but I know that the missionaries in that area are there for a reason. It has been so incredible for me to teach people I knew I was meant to teach here in Georgia. I hope she will have the same experience with the missionaries there and will continue to progress!

We also did lots of service this week! It was the last week of FISH for kids which made me so sad! We went several times this week and had lots of fun. It had been so humbling to be able to help so many sweet kids! They made almost 2000 lunches everyday this summer. How cool is that? We were also able to meet some really cool people. It was so powerful to come together with all different faiths and help the community! We are looking forward to a busy week with lots to do! Thank you so much for you're love and support. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you. Serving a mission is the best decision I've ever made and I am loving it more everyday. I hope all is well for you and your family! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Have a blessed week and stay peachy! :)

 Love, Sister Hosman



Sweet Sister Merritt! This was a hard goodbye on Tuesday! Even though we were only companions for a couple weeks I felt like we have been companions for the whole time we served in the Monroe Ward together. She is an incredible missionary and I learned so much from her. We became great friends and I will miss her dearly. She has such a light about her and was a great example to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment