Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, September 12, 2016

9.12.16 Tender Mercies in Hickory Flat❤️

Hey y'all!

It was a great week full of changes! It was very hard to say goodbye to my family in Monroe but they will forever be in my heart. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve there and the eternal friendships I made. Hickory Flat is the name of the Ward but I am serving in the Canton and Holly springs area. It is wonderful here but different. It is so gorgeous and the Hickory Flat Ward is great! There is not a lot going on in the area right now but we are working on it!

The first day I got here I got to see two of my favorite girls from the branch. This is their home Ward and I am so excited to work with them again. One of them has been really struggling and when she got a call from me she said it was an answer to prayer. It is so cool to begin to see the Lord's reasons for everything he does.

This week I also got to see a recent convert named Angie. At the beginning of my mission I was serving in this zone and was able to come here on exchanges and help teach her when she was first investigating the church. Now she, her husband and daughter are all baptized and doing great! So amazing and a wonderful miracle!!

Baylen and Elizabeth are two other fantastic friends from the branch. They have been going through some things lately but it was so great to see them again! Baylen and his family live in the area. So many wonderful little tender mercies. I'm so excited to be able to to teach them and see them again.

Jocelyn sent me a pic this week of her starting her mission papers. A tear jerker for sure. I'm so proud of that girl and can't wait to see what the lord has in store for her! I love her so much and know she is going to bless so many lives.

We stopped by a potential investigator this week named Judy. She is so sweet and let us right in. We were also able to teach her husband which was great. We read 3 Nephi 11 with them and it went so well. Judy was just crying and the spirit was so strong. She has been looking for a new church and says she knows the BoM is true. We invited her to pray and ask if this was the church that she is meant to go to. We are going by this week to follow up and I'm very excited. The BoM is such a powerful book and it can change lives within seconds. It is so amazing to me! I'm so grateful for this chance I have to be a missionary and share such a powerful message.

When I heard I was coming to this area and told one of my last companions Sister Blair she was so excited. She immediately began to tell me about a girl that her brother had baptized on her mission. All she told me was that her name Katlyn, she had tattoos up and down her arms and was somewhere in the Hickory Flat or Canton area. Then she said "go find her and bring her back!" She had gone less active and no one could find her. My thoughts were ummm am I supposed to knock every door asking for a Kaitlyn?? Haha I had no idea what I was gonna do but I started praying. As soon as we sat down in church the bishop read the new names into the Ward. The first one was for Kaitlyn and a beautiful girl sitting in the back stood up. My mouth dropped and I was so amazed. She isn't ready to meet with us quite yet but is wanting to come back. Such a wonderful miracle! I know God hears and answers our prayers. He is so aware of each and everyone of us. I love y'all so much! Have a great week and remember who you are! Xoxo

Love,
Sister Hosman


The Polston Fam❤️
These are the bishops little girls!  Seriously, so darling!  I will miss them so much
Charles!  Such a wonderful guy and u have no doubt he will be baptized someday!

Grace  :)

Got to see my dear trainer, Sister Mathison 

Good to see Sister Blair one last time!

The biggest apples y'all ever did see!! Of course I had to put them on my head and pretend to be Minnie Mouse!(:

Sister Schofield

Just a little piece of beautiful Hickory Flat❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment