Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, September 26, 2016

9.26.16 Never give up!

Hello y'all! This week was super busy but wonderful! The work is picking up and getting better everyday. We are finally getting to know everyone and find our way around. We are really starting to work well with the Ward and the Elders. I don't have much time but here are a couple updates...

This week on Wednesday we had a fantastic zone conference! I know I say that every time but they really are the best. I always come away so motivated and feeling incredibly blessed to be a missionary. We talked a lot about prayer and the spirit. Both such essential things in missionary work. I'm so grateful for both of them in my life. The Holy Ghost really is the greatest gift in the world. We are so blessed. My testimony has continued to grow everyday of prayer. I know he hears and answers our prayers.

Caitlin is doing really well! We had an awesome lesson with her this week and taught her the Restoration. She committed to begin to read the BoM again. She is such a strong girl and I love her so much.

A miracle this week was the Frias family. They have known missionaries and been taught here and there for a couple years now. When I got to the area I felt a strong desire to meet with Arianna the daughter (who is 16), but we couldn't get in with them. This last week we knocked on their door and Arianna answered. She was so happy to see us and we were able to have an amazing lesson with her. It was right after zone conference so we were filled with the spirit and motivation. We went over the plan of salvation and came to find out her mother had recently passed away. We cried together and the spirit was so strong. We promised her that her mom was in a better place and that she wanted her to know the truth. I really felt both her moms and Heavenly Fathers abounding love for her, it was amazing! They invited us over for dinner this Sunday and we were able to teach the dad as well. They are planning on coming to general conference this weekend and we are so excited.

I absolutely loved Women's Conference! We are so blessed to have such wonderful church leaders on the earth today. I loved the reminder of faith and bringing it back to the basic principles of the gospel. I loved the story he shared of the missionaries who knocked an entire apartment complex. Every door until the last door on the last floor wasn't interested but they kept going. Never give up! Trust in him. He can see what we cannot. We need to continue to increase our faith as we read and pray everyday. I'm so grateful for my faith and the opportunity I have to share it with others everyday. I love y'all so much! Have a great week! Don't give up!

Love, Sister Hosman

Our "little bro" Brent, we love him!
MTC group in the zone! Love them💗



No comments:

Post a Comment