Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, October 3, 2016

10.3.16 God is good❤️

Hello y'all!! 

It was an awesome week filled with tender mercies! I hope y'all enjoyed general conference weekend! We are so blessed! 

We have a new rule in our mission that a family in our Ward can only feed us once a companionship. Unless they have a nonmember, less active or recent convert there. There is a family in our Ward who loves to feed us. They were sad to find out they "couldn't anymore" but we explained and invited them to have someone over. On Tuesday night they invited a less active and nonmember family over for dinner. It was so great and an awesome success. We shared a spiritual message with them and they loved it. They asked great questions and said they were looking for a new church to join. We have already seen so many great blessings from following this new counsel from President Bennion. Our Ward is more willing to get involved in the work and it helps us use the Lord's time most effectively. 

Thursday I went on exchanges with Sister Foster to Allatoona! She is awesome and we had a lot of fun. She was actually supposed to come out with me but broke her foot and had to wait a couple months. We did some awesome service in the morning and met great people. That afternoon we had a great lesson with the Roberts family on the BoM. We talked about a story in the BoM about the tree of life. How we need to stay on the straight and narrow path to find happiness. We also want to help our friends and family so they can experience the goodness too. They are a family Sister Christensen worked with so that was really fun. That night we got to help out with activity days. All the 8-12 year old girls come and learn a lesson as well as play an activity. We talked about prophets and the importance of them. It went really well and was a lot of fun!  

Friday we had an awesome lesson with Brandie. She is super sweet and her son Noah, who is 9 joined us too. We read the BoM with them and they loved it. The spirit was so strong from the start and they could really feel it. The power of the BoM is so real. It was really cool to read it out loud and all together as well. They said they would continue to read as a family and they really want to come to church. They have really been prepared and are the cutest family.

Saturday morning we went to help a family in the ward with their yard sale and contacted as many people as we could! Then we had wonderful general conference! President Uchtdorf was the first speaker and just a few minutes into his talk our phone rang. I wasn't going to answer since we were in general conference and Uchtdorf was speaking. But I got a firm prompting from the spirit to answer the phone call. I stepped outside to take to the call and my companion followed. On the other line was a sweet woman named Betty Jo. She had met with missionaries quite a few months back and had felt impressed to call us. Her life had took some crazy turns and as she prayed she felt that we would be able to help her. It was hard to understand everything she said through her tears but we made an appointment to come by later that evening. We went back to finish watching general conference and I was in shock at how fast the time went by. There were so many beautiful messages shared and such a strong spirit. I love the way our leaders bring it back to the simplicity of the gospel. The plan of happiness was talked about throughout the whole weekend. It is real. God has a perfect plan for each and everyone of us. 

The afternoon session was also wonderful and I loved the choir of missionaries. There was also a common theme of missionary work through out this session. Every member is a missionary. We can not do this work alone. Sharing the gospel truly is our lifelong duty. Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave us several ways that we can share the gospel. I hope this inspired each of you as it did me to be a better missionary and assist in the Lord's great work! I am so grateful for this sacred time that I have to wear the Savior's name and to be a full time missionary in Georgia. But I am also grateful that my mission doesn't have to ever end. I can continue to share the gospel forever. 

Sunday was another fantastic day! We made breakfast for our recent converts and less actives. We also invited lots of nonmembers. Ariana came which was so great! She took lots of notes and loved it. When she left she told us "I haven't felt this good in a really long time." It was so sweet! 

I loved the story that was shared about Helen Keller. She has been someone I have admired since I was really young. I love the relation of her teacher Ann and Jesus Christ. We have to gain trust and a relationship with them but when we do we are so blessed. He also can see our potential and even when we are settled with where we are he continues to help us grow and stretch. Just as Helen's teacher, Ann helped her to grow and stretch. After conference I was able to receive a much needed priesthood blessing. The spirit was so strong and I was really able to feel God's love for me. I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith and that the power of the priesthood has been restored. 

I know this church is true and I'm so grateful for the blessing of it in my life. I know the BoM is true and there is power in reading it every day. It is so powerful and has truly changed my life. I know it can do the same for you if we will just take 10 minutes a day to read it. I'm so thankful to have a living day prophet who is called of God. It was so great to hear his counsel and testimony even if it was just for a few minutes. I love y'all so much! I hope you have a great week and continue to ponder the messages that were shared. If you didn't get the chance to watch they are on LDS.org, please go and see! I promise and testify that they are from the lord and it can change you. 

Love,
Sister Hosman🍑

Going on Splits

A cute family I got to teach in Alatoona :) 
Thanks for the flowers Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment