Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, October 31, 2016

10.31.16 God is in the details ❤️

Happy Halloween y'all! It was a wonderful week and the work is continuing on!  We have been so blessed and saw some fantastic miracles. I'm guessing most of you know about the curve ball this weekend but I'm feeling much better! This one is gonna be a long one but keep reading! I promise it's worth it... 

Monday night we went over to the King's house to teach Gloria. We taught her the plan of happiness, God's plan for his children. The spirit was so strong and it went really well. She was able to answer all our questions and the spirit truly took over the lesson. Before we knew it we were inviting her to be baptized and to our surprise she said yes! She accepted November 26th as a day to prepare to be baptized. Her lessons are always so funny because she has a hard time hearing. We seriously have to yell and speak very slowly. I'm so thankful that my grandpa taught me how to speak clearly! She talked about how peaceful and "light" she felt and we promised her that that was the spirit teaching her that our message was true. It was a wonderful night and I love Ms. Gloria so much! 

On Wednesday we had a lesson with Debra, who was a referral from the Canton Ward. (That is the other Ward that meets in our church building.) Debra is the sweetest woman and is so prepared. She is practically Mormon and knows a lot about the church. She has a sweet spirit and asked what she had to do to be baptized. She accepted the date of December 3rd to prepare for. It was awesome and a wonderful result of working with the members. 

Richard is doing great and we had some awesome lessons with him this week. He is still the smartest 9 year old I have ever met. At the end of a wonderful lesson on tithing we asked him his thoughts on baptism. Suddenly his mood changed and he seemed almost scared. As we talked with him and help resolve his concerns his mood changed. We promised him that he was ready and he accepted a date for November 16th! We are so excited! 

We had a lesson with Angi this week and Sister King was going to join us but it cancelled. Instead we felt like we should go try to see Arianna and it was awesome. Definitely meant to happen and goes to show that this is the Lords work. He always knows exactly where we should be and will make it happen if we are in tune with the spirit. Gods plan is always far greater. Sister King shared her conversion story and Arianna loved it. It was like it all became real to her. They were able to connect so well and it was amazing. She is so close to baptism and it has been wonderful to watch her grow. She has been through so much and her strength continues to amaze me. 

Friday was another great day in the service of God when our night had a serious plot twist! So when we came home from dinner Friday night, I wasn't feeling too good. And I realized that I was losing blood. After a quick call to the mission nurse, we were instructed to rush to the Emergency Room in Johns Creek. Being completely in shock, I obeyed and thus-the longest night of the mission began! (all nighters are not nearly has fun as a missionary) Before much of the craziness began, I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from two wonderful men in the Johns Creek Ward. They had just returned home from the temple that night where their son had gone through for the first time. When the blessing was pronounced upon my head, I was overcome with peace. It was promised to me that this will only be "but a small hiccup in the road and that I was here for a much greater purpose." After several frustrating hours in the Emergency Room, I was admitted in room 323. We stayed up most of the night explaining over and over again why we came to the hospital. Throughout our stay, we were able to meet many amazing people and share pieces of our message with them. But one nurse who stood out the most was Ms. Pam, our nurse for the day. Each time she would come and check up on me and my companion she would mention a different feeling that she felt or how she always got the chills when she entered our room. We were overwhelmed by the love and support of members and missionaries we serve along-side with. The Wall family who gave me the priesthood blessing were truly angels. They were there every minute to feed, clothe, love and support us. Every staff member that came into our room was amazed by the feeling of family that filled the room. It was hard for me to be away from my family through out all of this but in reality my family just got 10X bigger. Saturday afternoon I met the fantastic GI doctor and I could tell immediately that he was awesome. When I explained what was wrong and the reason I was in Georgia he said that "we had to get me better so that I could get back to the Lord's work!" He decided to do a procedure and left to call his staff and get it all ready. An hour later I was being rolled in my bed down the hallway to be knocked out by anesthesia. The doctor said "now I know we have to get started but before we do so, I have a couple questions for you." He asked the basic questions of what set us apart. I taught him the Restoration and the last part of the PoS which answers the question.. where we go after we die. That is really the last thing I remember before drifting off to sleep. When the procedure was over and we went back upstairs President Bennion gave him a Mormon.org and he also accepted a BoM. I have a follow up appointment with him in 2 weeks and he said he would be ready for his quiz on the book. It was amazing! The whole weekend was a bit scary but I know that everything happens for a reason. I feel so blessed to have a fantastic companion who was by my side the whole time. She is such a trooper! A couple of the Sister missionaries were able to come see me and it was such a blessing. Maybe I had to go through it all so that others could come to know the truth. If so, then it was definitely worth it! I am happy to be back in my apartment resting and hope to be back to the Lord's work very soon! Thank you so much for all your prayers and love. I love y'all so much! The church is true and the gospel really is good news! I love my mission and have never been happier. Even in the hospital I was able to share the gospel and it brought so much joy to my heart. Happy Halloween! Have a great night and be safe! Xoxo 

Love,

Sister Hosman🍑

Sister Hosman and Sister Nu'usa


"Gremmy" - Sister Hosman loves Sister Holmgren she was so happy to see her!

What a tender mercy, Sister Christensen from her home ward

Sister Christensen and Sister Neff came to visit - I think it's so cute Rachael is trying to be taller in this pic!  My little peanut!


No comments:

Post a Comment