Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, October 10, 2016

The gospel blesses families ❤️

Happy Fall y'all!! 

It is so beautiful right now here in Georgia! The leaves are starting to change and we finally got a bit of cooler weather. It was a fantastic week here and we are so blessed!! As I'm thinking about what stories to tell I realize y'all should have just been here!  ;) Haha 

Brandie and her son Noah are doing great! We had a wonderful lesson with them this week and taught them the plan of salvation. They both loved it and the spirit was so strong. I absolutely love the plan of salvation. It is one of my favorite things to teach. It shows Gods love for us so strongly. Noah said the closing prayer at the end of the lesson and he did so good. It was the most sincere prayer I have ever heard a 9 year old say! He is so smart and has such a strong desire to learn. His prayer was so simple and sincere has he asked Heavenly Father to know if the PoS was true. We put them on date for baptism for the end of October! So exciting! 

We have also been working with the Huetero family. The mom, Maria is a less active. Her 9 year old son is name Noah and he is great too! I just don't know where all these amazing 9 year olds came from! Haha He too has such a strong desire to learn. We taught him the restoration and he loved it. The other sisters taught it to him almost a year ago but he remembered almost all of it. He would tell us what came next and would quote part of it word for word with us. Richard also has a desire to be baptized and is the sweetest kid. 

We went back to the Cagle family who we stopped by several weeks ago. We had a great lesson with his girlfriend Jennifer. She was so excited to read the Book of Mormon. We will be going back to follow up with her this next week! 

This week we were really able to work on building our teaching pool. It is so exciting and we are staying busy! Not only with people to teach but families. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support! 

When I got to the area I remember a "golden" investigator named Monica,  that I taught here long ago on an exchange. I looked back in the records and she was being taught 3-4 times a week. Had been to church several times and was on date for baptism. However her record had been deleted so all her personal information was gone. I had kind of forgotten about it all the craziness but as I was studying one morning this week, I couldn't get her name out of my head. I prayed and the only idea that came to mind was to have a member reach out to Sister Barben (the missionary I was on exchange with back then) to ask her about Monica. So we did a little while later we got a response. She didn't remember many details but knew the apartment complex and that it was on the bottom floor. She had told the sisters to stop coming by because of her struggles with the word of wisdom. So that day we went to the apartments determined to find Monica. We started knocking every door with no success. Then we ran into a woman named Pam. She was super sweet and we got talking with her for a bit. She said she was new in the area and was trying a church near by, but really wasn't liking it. She said she was looking for something more "traditional" and "family oriented." Smiled came over our faces as we promised that this is just what she was looking for. We now have an appointment with her for this week and we are really looking forward to it. We really think that she might have moved into Monica's apartment, and that maybe Monica has moved. But all we know is that the Lord sent us there that day to find Pam. God works in mysterious ways! 

We had the most wonderful stake conference this weekend! I felt the spirit so strong and the talks were incredible. It is always great to hear from President and Sister Bennion. The whole focus was on member missionary work! An answer to so many prayers. 

So after Stake Conference ended on Sunday, we went to lunch with King's family. We shared a spiritual message and asked for referrals. We received 2, one of them being Sister King's mom who lives with her. We set up a time to meet with her and she will be taking the lessons soon. Fast forwarding to dinner with the Parkers-we had a great dinner with them! At the end of the dinner we shared Helaman 5:12 and asked for referrals. We received 3-their neighbor (non-members who are really big in family history), the Confiado's and the Tencza's (less-active members). We had planned to go see the Tenzca's right after dinner. So we go and see them and lo, and behold, they were home. After getting to know them for a few minutes, the daughter said, "I want you to meet my boyfriend." So she texts him to come over and he came. We talked about his religious background. He doesn't really a religious background but he's super open-minded. We introduced the Book of Mormon and set up a time to come back and share more. Katelyn, the daughter, says, "actually there's a couple of people that I know would love to join us. I'll invite them too!" I know that member-missionary work is essential and we have received counsel that it will help this work to grow tremendously! We cannot do this alone! 

Make the gospel a part of your vocabulary! Share it at every opportunity the Lord blesses you with! I love y'all so much! Have a blessed week!(: 

Love,

Sister Hosman🍑

* (from Tammie) we have been very blessed during this transfer to hear from several friends and friends of friends who live where Rachael is serving.  Here is one text that we received...

Hey! My name is Cydnee and I live in Georgia! Your sweet Sister Hosman is serving in my area :) I've gone out with her 3 times since she got here about 2 weeks ago. She is so awesome. We had dinner with the sisters tonight and then I went out with them! My sister just left on her mission 4 months ago. I miss her a lot and wish that people in her area would let me know how she's doing, so I thought I would share with you guys that she is doing well! The area is struggling, but she is amazing and I think she can do so much for this area with the help of the Lord! I never really went out with the sister missionaries until this companionship came along. Going out with them has blessed my life a lot. Sister Hosman has the sweetest spirit and the best laugh. She's beautiful inside and out and my life has been so blessed by her serving a mission! It's like I have a little piece of my sister here. Thank you for giving her up for a little bit. I am so thankful for her!! ❤

Happy October Y'all


Bubbles

Our District 

No comments:

Post a Comment