Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, October 24, 2016

10.24.16 That's what Faith can do...

Hello y'all! 

Here are a couple stories from this last week! :) 

Monday night we had a great lesson with Gloria. She was one of the referrals we received after general conference. She is a mother of one of our favorite members, Sister King. She is so sweet and we have to literally yell at her so she can hear us. It is a different experience of teaching the gospel in these volume but it went so well. The spirit was so strong and you could see the lord had been preparing her. The Kings were a little concerned and didn't no how much miss Gloria would understand. But she got it and was able to answer all our questions. At the end of the lesson we sang "I am a child of God" and Sister King was in tears. We are going back for another lesson tonight and I am so excited! 

Angi Mendoza, one of our investigators has had a toothache for a while now. She has been in a lot of pain and was trying to get back to Mexico to get it fixed. On Tuesday night our appointment cancelled but we felt like we needed to go check on Angi. When we got there she was laying in her bed in so much pain. We told her that she needs a priesthood blessing and she said she would love one. So I  called the Elders and members in our Ward to come and give the blessing while Sister Nu'usa informed her on what a priesthood blessing is. It was really good teamwork! Anyway, Brother and Sister King brought the Elders and all three priesthood holders gave her a blessing. She felt the spirit so strong. The next morning she texted us and said she slept SO good. She felt no pain and she was doing great! It's so good to see the Lord create miracles through those who are sanctified. The power of faith is amazing. I'm grateful for the priesthood power and how much peace it brings people. 

We were helping the Sommer family (recent converts) build a new fence in their back yard this weekend. I went inside to get a drink of water and saw that Angi was struggling. She was working on a homework assignment and was getting really frustrated. She gave a big sigh and mumbled some word under her breath. I asked her what was wrong and she began to tell me how this assignment made no sense. Before I could even think the words "well, have you said a prayer?" came out of my mouth. She kinda looked at me funny but I went with it and said "come on, I'll say a prayer with you!" I knelt down beside her and just said a simple prayer. Asking Heavenly Father to clear her mind and help her understand. As soon as I got down she quickly answered the next four questions and I said "see! Prayer is magic!" Her response was "let's see if I got them right though!"  Sure enough she did, there was silence and then she looked at me and said "thank you!" I love the simple truths of the gospel. Never forget that he is just one prayer away. He is always there waiting and loves us more than we could ever imagine. I'm so grateful for the power of prayer and the love he has for me. It gets me through the good and the bad times. 

This week I have been studying about the brother of Jared and the amazing faith that he had. I'm so grateful for the stories in the scriptures and the examples they are to us. Their faith is in incredible and they have so much trust in the lord. I know that no matter what is going on in your life, the most important thing is that you are child of God and he loves you. I promise that if you put your faith and trust in Him, it will all work out. He has a perfect plan for us and won't let anything get in the way of our enteral joy. The gospel is incredible but it doesn't promise that we won't have hard times in our lives. However, it helps us cope with them and enables us to find peace. Our faith is like a seed and continues to grow everyday. As we continue to nourish it, it's the little things! I love y'all so much! Have a great week and don't give up! Stay peachy🍑

Love,

Sister Hosman❤️

Sister Nu'usa and Sister Hosman

Fall in beautiful Georgia!❤️
Amen!
Super fun! Little Ward sister party! Silly Caitlin shut her eyes🙈



No comments:

Post a Comment