Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, February 13, 2017

2.13.17 Happy Valentine's Day y'all!💗

Hi y'all! 

Well this week has been crazy but so good!! We have been finding a lot. We have been trying to be finding from 6-8pm (prime time) but didn't see much success. But the Lord blessed us for our diligence! On Thursday night we had our miracle for the week. It was dark and getting very cold. We decided on one last street to tract and started down the street. Literally all of the people were from Asia or India and had a harder time speaking English or were Hindu. That's something that has been a road block here in Laurel Springs. And Hindu's don't have faith in Christ, so that's been weird. But we were tracting and got to the last door down the street and we knocked on the door. A man who appeared to be from India opened the door. He immediately said (in his Indian accent), "Oh, come, come inside. Come meet my family!" He walked us into his home and we met his wife and two daughters. One of which was only one month old! She was the cutest baby! The wife pointed to the couch and said in the quietest sweetest voice, "Please, sit." So we were like of course! And we sat down and they all sat down and they started asking us questions! It was crazy. The first question from the wife was "what is baptism?" One of the cutest things was when the 5 year old daughter raised her hand and politely asked, "Um, how do you know all these things about Jesus Christ?" We explained that we learned it from reading and praying and that she could come to know too. We asked her if she did want to know. And she shyly said "yeah.." It was a miracle for us, and exactly what we needed to help us keep our faith to find. We are going to see them again on Friday and are so excited to start teaching them. The Lord is always preparing people for us to find. 

So bronchitis happened this week. Sam got it early in the week and was totally out. He was so so sick that he was passing out and in bed all week. Sister Crowton started the week with a sore throat and progressively through out the week got worse. Saturday when we were at Sam and Jen's and realized that Sister Crowton would not be able to keep going that day, and that Sam really needed some relief we called to have 2 priesthood men come over to give them both a blessing before going to the urgent-care. It was an amazing experience. For the first time all week Sam got out of bed. This was the first time he received a blessing, so Bishop explained the priesthood to him very well and Sister Crowton went first. Then Sam got a blessing. It was such a cool blessing, but abruptly ended. After the Amen Sam quickly got up and said excuse me. He went into his bedroom and we heard a noise. Jen went and looked in the room and saw Sam had passed out. It was so sad. And the Bishop (the one who was giving the blessing) said the spirit told him to end the blessing because Sam was going to pass out. It was crazy. But Sam was okay. They got him in his bed and put a cold cloth on his head. Sam really could feel it. Once he was a little more with it he kept saying "thank you. Thank you!" And Sunday morning he was feeling so much better! He was up and ate some breakfast and was way more happy! The priesthood power is real! 

Andy is doing awesome in DC and attended two wards all on his own last Sunday. He came home for the weekend and we got to have an awesome lesson with him. He was so excited to talk about his missionary (Monica) and you can see he is already very proud of her. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and the spirit was so strong. He had issues before accepting we existed before this life but has had a change of heart. Andy told us that he knows we did exist and lived with our Heavenly Father before we came to earth. It was so neat. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have the families can be together forever. :) 

This week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with two amazing sisters. Sister Hollowell was my MTC companion and it was so fun to be with her again. She has grown so much and I am so proud of her! Sister Foster was actually supposed to come out with both of us but broke her foot the week before. So she came out two transfers later but she is such a wonderful missionary and a great example of obedience. She has a powerful testimony and so much love! I feel so blessed to serve around such fantastic sisters. 

Lately I have been pondering the scripture on my missionary plague. 
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve a mission in GANM. I still can't believe that it has been 18 months and the time is coming to an end just next week. It is the best decision I have ever made. My mission has meant the world to me, and I will cherish this time forever. That is all thanks to God and his great love. He has blessed me with such great experiences and miracles. My love grows for him and for these people every single day. Thank you for all your love and support. If YOU are reading this right now, thank you. For you prayers, love, emails, letters and support! It has made a big difference and truly means so much to me. God has been so good to me and blessed me with the best! I love y'all! ❤️

ExChAnGeS with Sister Hollowell! You know you've been out too long, when you can't stay awake!(; lol  
Exchanges in Coal Mountain! True southern country :) 

The stitches came out!! Wahoo :) Things are looking good y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines to you too. Its so good to spend some special day like Valentines day with your friends. Friends are the best part of life and by spending time with them, you do forget all your tensions and sorrows.

    ReplyDelete