Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, October 5, 2015

10.5.15 "I'm officially a Georgia Peach"

Hey y'all!

My last Sunday in the MTC was amazing!  The spirit there is just unreal!  I miss it!  I love it!  Me and my zone sang the EFY medley in sacrament and it was incredible. There wasn't a dry eye. We are now the lords missionaries to bring the world is truth!(:  Whoever says that the MTC is a prison is a liar - I loved it!  

I can't believe that I have almost been in Georgia for a week! The days are long but the weeks are short! We got up at 3:30 Tuesday to come to Georgia!  Such an exciting day!  It was great!  We spent our first night in the mission home which was great!  We had a delicious dinner and a fantastic testimony meeting!  We then had meetings all day!  My trainer is Sister Mathison! She is from Spanish fork!  She has been here for 3 months and we get along so good! She is so sweet and truly has the light of Christ. I love Her! We were assigned to the Sugar Hill stake in the Level Creek ward, which just opened in April (they split a large ward).  There have been Elders here and so the ward is very excited to have sisters! We are "white washing" this area, which means to throw two new people into a brand new area.. where they know nothing and no one.  And because the lord really loves us we are on bikes. With no access to a car! Haha it's been a fun adventure! The members are great! We are so blessed! They say this is the best ward in Georgia! We have been fed every night which has been fantastic! We are just trying to get to know the ward and the investigators! Biking is scary in the rain and there are no sidewalks... So please keep us in your prayers(;

General Conference! Wow what an amazing weekend! Spiritual re charge! I loved it! The gospel really is so simple...  
Follow the commandments and you will be blessed. They are not barriers but protection.  Faith, hope and charity are so important. We just need to put our trust in God and we will make our weaknesses become our strengths. (Ether 12:27) I have already seen that here in the field. I know as long as I follow the commandments and put my trust in him. It will all work out.  He is aware of each one of us and our individual needs. He will lead us home(: the music in general conference was amazing! The music really brings the spirit in such a special way! I loved Elder Hollands talk. I am so grateful to have such an amazing mom full of faith, charity and love. In any moment of temptation let us behold our mother and our savior. I loved what Brother Foster said that children are our best investigators. So true! Fear not I am with thee oh be not dismayed! This song spoke to my heart. 

Things in Georgia have been slightly crazy. All the rain and on bikes but I know I am where I need to be and that he is with me(: The sunday sessions were great too! Our dear prophet is so amazing! What a great example of charity. I know he is called of God. I am so excited for our 3 new apostles the spirit was so strong as they testified of their love for our savior. They will be amazing! There were so many great talks! I loved the one on ponderizing! What a great idea! Me and companion are going to start that! I am so grateful for conference weekend and the opportunity we have to hear from our true servants of the lord.

I am really looking forward to this week! We have some new investigators and are continuing to get to know everyone! I love it here! Georgia is so green and beautiful! Thank you for all your love and support! I miss you all! Choose a scripture and "ponderize" it this week! 

Xoxo peach out! ~ Sister Hosman<3

No comments:

Post a Comment