Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Monday, November 30, 2015

Bye Level Creek, Hello KSU and Big Shanty!

Hey y'all!  I hope you had a great week and fantastic thanksgiving!  It was one crazy yet wonderful week for me!(:

Monday night we had dinner with Emmah and the Williams family! After we invited Emmah to go check on a PI with us. Just before we were about to leave Emmah bore her testimony on the importance of coming to church. The spirit was definitely there and it was so cool. Emmah never ceases to amaze me and I know the Lord has a special plan for her.

Tuesday we got to go to the temple. It was wonderful! The spirit and peace at the temple really is like nothing else. It is such a beautiful temple and I am so grateful we were able to go! It was just what I needed. After we were able to have a great lesson with Michael and he is now praying to know if he should be baptized! So exciting!  He has grown and changed so much I am so proud of him. I love being a missionary and seeing a glimpse of how Heavenly Father feels about his children.  After we met a great new investigator named Tony. He was interested in the BoM and was excited to read it. It really was such an amazing day! I love doing the lords work!(:

Wednesday we had a great district meeting. Right before our plans for after the meeting fell through so we were worried but then an investigator texted us to see if there was anyway we could come help her. It was awesome! It's amazing to see how God makes the stars align. We were able to help her and teach her a bit more. After that we had a less active we have been trying to get in contact with ask if we could meet up with her at the church. Of course we said yes and hurried right over. We had an incredible lesson with her and her father. He and the bishop were able to give her a priesthood blessing and the spirit was so strong. It was amazing! The power of the priesthood is truly miraculous. You could tell it really impacted her and there was no denying the spirit that was there.

Thursday was a great thanksgiving! We were able to see lots of members, less actives and investigators. It was way cool! We were able to see lots of people we have been trying to get in with since I got here. I loved going around and hearing about what everyone was grateful for. We are so blessed! We also had 3 thanksgiving dinners and I felt like I was gonna die. We had fried turkey, salmon, normal turkey, lots of grits, corn bread, biscuits, pie and so much more! It was delicious!! I am so grateful for the level creek ward and the love they show to us.

Goodbye Sister Mathison
Friday morning seemed like a regular day. We woke up, got ready and started studying. When suddenly my whole world went upside down. We got a phone call from president who informed us that he needed my help with an emergency transfer. What?? It took a minute for me to process what he had said. I was being transferred to a college campus with a young single adult branch. I had to leave in 24 hours. My heart broke. I did not want to leave level creek. It was an emotional day as I had to say some last quick goodbyes leaving behind a piece of my heart. I feel so blessed to have served in such an incredible ward and know the Lord has a plan for me in Marietta. I am excited to see the adventure he has in store!(:

Saturday we got up early to finish packing and hit the road. I was overwhelmed with the love and goodbyes from the level creek ward. Oh, how I will miss them. Not to mention sister Mathison who I have come so close with and will miss her very much. We had some great memories in level creek. White washing together was the best adventure I could have asked for. We drove to the mission home and I met my new companion Sister Blair. She is from Provo Utah and has been out 8 months. She is great!  It was a bit of a drive back to the area but we made it! We had some lunch and u packed!(: after that she took me on a tour of campus! We didn't see too many people because campus is closed for thanksgiving but we were able to have a few contacts(: That night we had two great lessons with Andrew and Jocelyn. Andrew is a less active and a great guy! He is super funny and I am excited to start working with him. Jocelyn is amazing! She is our top investigator and we are planning on inviting her to be baptized this week. We have a lesson with her tonight and I can't wait! She loves the Book of Mormon and is just the sweetest girl.

Sunday was my first real day in Big Shanty! Jocelyn came to church with us and we also had 7 less actives there. It was wonderful! The sacrament was very fast and super quite but I loved the sacredness of it. The topic of the meeting was Alma 34:38. There were some great talks! A couple of my favorite points were

We need to stay within wifi zones of the spirit!

"When you are doing what you are supposed to life doesn't get easier but for some reason you can cope with it."

We then talked about the atonement in Sunday school. The miracle of the atonement is not just so that we can go home but that we can go home and feel at home. We will all be resurrected what we are deciding now is how happy we will be to be there. There is no better way to thank someone for their gift then to use it. We must use Christ’s gift of the atonement for everyday. By doing so we are showing our gratitude and love for him. We sang the hymn "Be still my soul" and it was incredible. That hymn has come to mean so much to me. Music brings the spirit in such a special way and it really did calm my soul. Someone showed me this scripture and I loved it.

1 John 5:14    "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:"

This week has been a crazy one but I have confidence in him and that this is where I need to be. I know he hears and answers my prayers. I am so grateful for that blessing in my life. Big Shanty will be a big adventure but I know that through Christ I can do all things. I love this gospel and am so thankful for the opportunity I have to share it.

Thank y'all so much for you love and support. It means so much to me. I don't know what I would do with out y'all. I feel your prayers everyday. Love you all! Have a great week! (:

~Sister Hosman





This is sister neff we were in the same MTC district. Love her so much!








No comments:

Post a Comment