Peach my Gospel

Southern Speaking from September 2015 to March 2017

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

If you're southern and you know it, say AMEN!!

Hey y'all! 

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and week. It was a wonderful week here and things are going great! Trying to get everything packed and ready for my new adventure. I am headed to the Sugar Hill Zone to be a Sister training leader (STL) and serve in the Laurel Springs Ward. I am sad to leave Hickory Flat but excited for a fun new adventure! I know the Lord has great plans in store for me. 

On Wednesday we had a great lesson with Caitlin! She is doing so good and I'm so proud of her. We had. Great gospel discussion and the spirit was so strong. She asked us great questions and it had been so cool to watch the change in her. It all starts with a desire to change. I'm so glad I got to know her and help her in her steps back to the restored gospel. 

We had a great Thanksgiving day and ate way too much food! This Ward is so amazing and filled with incredible families. I feel so blessed to have been able to serve here! 

We took President Bennions counsel of going in store contacting on Black Friday and it was a huge success. We met some amazing people and planted lots of seeds. Even got some referrals for other missionaries near by, we are all in this together! We met one lady who was working in the optical department and she was so sweet. She had two daughters but had not been to church since her father passed away when she was 15 years old. We had to stop talking with her when a customer came but kept thinking about her. When we were about to leave the store I decided to go and bear my testimony to her. How much joy and peace the gospel brings me and my family. I promised her that the message we share would bless her life and the life of her family. Before I could even finished she grabbed a sticky note and wrote her information, then handed it to me. It was so amazing! We were finishing our morning contacting at target and ran into a member from the Ward. She asked if she could take us to lunch, and of course we said yes! It was a little tender mercy and the best part was she gave us an awesome referral! :) 

Gloria's baptism was on Saturday and it went so well! We had a lesson with her on Saturday morning and it went really well. At the end of the lesson I asked her how she was feeling and she said "ready and tired!" I asked her why she was tired and she replied that she didn't sleep well last night, she was too nervous about her baptism but that she received all her answers. There was a pause and then I said "oh ya, did you have a good talk with your Heavenly Father last night? She nodded her and said "hmm. Mm." We all looked at each other in shock and the spirit was so powerful. It was so amazing and such a testimony to me that God always hears and answers our prayers. Not in our timing or way but he will. As we act in faith he will bless us with answers and the righteous desires of our hearts. It was a beautiful baptism and such a wonderful day! 

On Sunday she came to church ready to be confirmed and looking great. She said she wasn't feeling super well but that it would be okay. Before the sacrament began to be passed she started to cough pretty bad. We all looked to make sure she was okay but it seemed alright. A few moments later we heard her say "oh no!" Suddenly she was throwing up, everywhere! Sister King grabbed a bag and tried to catch all she could. We got up to run and get paper towels. It was projectile and seriously crazy! (If you have ever see pitch perfect that is all I could think about) We got her cleaned up and they took her home to rest. She will hopefully be confirmed and receive the gift of the holy ghost next Sunday. It was so sad and we all felt so bad. Now it makes a great laugh and story for all of us. Definitely a sacrament meeting that I will never forget. 

Debra is doing great and we had a couple awesome lessons with her this week. She is the sweetest lady and has so much faith. From the beginning she already knew so much about the gospel and we could immediately see how prepared she was. She is a cancer survivor of 5 years and firmly believes one of the reasons she is still here is so she could accept the gospel. It is incredible and we are all super excited for her baptism this Saturday! I am sad I won't be able to be there but know it will be a wonderful day! 

Thank you so much for all your love and support. I know this church is true and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with my brothers and sisters in Georgia! Serving a mission truly is the best decision I have ever made. I know and testify that Christ lives and he loves you. He is aware of you and wants the very best for you. I have really come to gain a personal relationship with Him and I am so thankful for that. I know each of you can do the same. Study your scriptures and pray, everyday. You will come to know Him as you do. Let us all serve Him with all our heart, might, mind and strength! If you are struggling or sad go out and serve another and I promise you will feel 100x better! 

I love y'all! Have a blessed week! :) 

Love,

Sister Hosman 

Gloria's Baptism day! 

Gloria



Gloria and her daughter's family - the King's

Thanksgiving day at one of the members who fed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment